The Metropolitan Youth Orchestra of New York is a certified 501(c)(3) non-for-profit organization dedicated to fostering a community of talented young musicians from Long Island and providing them with exceptional rehearsal and performance opportunities. Each year, more than 800 students participate in our programs – programs that are only made possible by the generous support of our families and friends of MYO.
Please help support the annual operating fund that provides over $15,000 in Financial Assistance to our MYO members each season. Your generosity provides opportunities to launch the next generation of classical musicians and music enthusiasts.
Donations can be made online through PayPal or by mail.
Personal checks or money orders may be made out to “MYO” and mailed to:
13 Myrtle Street, 2nd Floor
Manhasset, NY 11030
How your contribution helps MYO
- $100 provides a full season of sheet music for one student
- $150 sponsors one session with a dedicated orchestral coach (strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion)
- $150 provides piano tuning for one choral concert
- $500 subsidizes the annual MYO Member T-Shirt Design Contest
- $750 presents one local community performance
- $1,000 sponsors one guest performer/composer
- $650 provides full tuition assistance for one member
- $1,000 provides one senior scholarship to a student studying music at the college level
- $2,500 subsidizes percussion rental for one concert
- $10,000 underwrites the annual Competitions for Composers, Instrumentalists, and Vocalists
(up to $24)
($25 to $49)
($50 to $99)
($100 to $249)
($250 to $499)
($500 to $999)
($1,000 to $4,999)
($5,000 or more)
Donors are recognized on our website and in our concert programs.
Many employers will match your gift, which will double or triple the impact of your donation. Please check with your employer to see whether your company offers a matching gift program. You may be required to submit a form to your employer with your donation amount and the date you made your gift.
You can help guarantee MYO’s future by making a legacy gift. When you remember MYO in your will, you make it possible for young musicians to experience the joy of music making for years to come.
In making a bequest, please use our legal name, “The Metropolitan Youth Orchestra Society of New York”, to distinguish from other organizations using “MYO”.
Contact Anthea Jackson by email firstname.lastname@example.org or at 516-365-6961 if you are interested in planning a gift.