Audition for 2019-2020 Season
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for The Metropolitan Youth Orchestra of New York: Choral and Orchestral Programs!
New member auditions for the 2019-2020 season will be held on Saturday, May 11 and Saturday, June 8, 2019 in both Nassau and Suffolk counties. Auditions will also be held on September 7 for any remaining ensemble openings.
Returning MYO members do not need to complete an online application form. They will be contacted by the MYO office directly regarding audition requirements and placement for the 2019-2020 season.
There are openings in all 16 MYO ensembles for the 2019-2020 season.
Please read the following information before registering for an audition:
In order to participate in MYO:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 8 and 18 years old
- A live audition is required to be considered for placement in a MYO Ensemble
- Instrumentalists are required to play at a NYSSMA level 4 or higher
- There is no minimum NYSSMA level for the Treble Choirs, Concert Choirs, Men’s and Women’s Choirs, and Suffolk Symphonic Choir
- Nassau Symphonic Choir and Chamber Chorale vocalists are expected to sing at a NYSSMA level 5 or higher
Online audition registration for the 2019-2020 season is now open. Please note: there is a non-refundable $25 audition fee. Upon submission of the online form and payment of the $25 audition fee, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your form and your audition registration details. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you encounter any difficulties completing the form on your device, please try completing it using a different device or web browser before contacting the MYO office for assistance.
Your specific audition date, time, and location will be confirmed by email within 3-4 business days.