Audition for 2018-2019 Season
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for The Metropolitan Youth Orchestra of New York!
New Member Auditions for the 2018 – 2019 season will be held on Saturday, May 19 and Saturday, June 9, 2018 in both Nassau and Suffolk counties. Auditions will also be held on September 8 for any remaining ensemble openings.
Returning members do not need to complete an online application form. They will be contacted directly regarding audition requirements and placement for the 2018 – 2019 season.
There are openings in all MYO ensembles for the 2018 – 2019 season.
Please read the following information before registering for an audition:
In order to participate in MYO:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 8 and 18 years old
- A live audition is required to be considered for placement in a MYO Ensemble
- Instrumentalists are required to play at a NYSSMA level 4 or higher
- There is no minimum NYSSMA level for the Treble Choirs, Concert Choirs, and Suffolk Symphonic Choir
- Nassau Symphonic Choir and Chamber Chorale vocalists are expected to sing at a NYSSMA level 5 or higher
Online audition registration for the 2018 – 2019 season is now open. Please note: there is a non-refundable $25 audition fee. Upon submission of the online form and payment of the $25 audition fee, you will receive an email confirmation of your form and your registration details. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you encounter any difficulties completing the form on your device, please try completing it using a different device or web browser before contacting the MYO Office for assistance.
Your specific audition date, time, and location will be confirmed by email within 3-4 business days.