Work with MYO
Thank you for your interest in working with The Metropolitan Youth Orchestra of New York. We are currently looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant for our 25th Anniversary Season, 2017-2018. Please see the job description for details, thank you.
Administrative Assistant, Part-time: September 2017 – June 2018
The Metropolitan Youth Orchestra of New York (MYO) is committed to fostering a community of talented young musicians from Long Island, and providing them with an opportunity to rehearse and perform choral and orchestral masterworks at the highest possible level with recognized leaders in music education and performance. Founded in 1993 by John C. McNeur, MYO has grown from one orchestra with 15 members to seven orchestras, a flute choir, and seven choral ensembles, serving over 1,000 young musicians between the ages of 8 and 18.
We are looking for a part-time administrative assistant for the 2017-2018 season. This paid position will consist of organizational responsibilities related to running a youth orchestra and choral program, including but not limited to:
- Tracking student attendance and contacting families regarding absences
- Providing customer service support by answering phone and email inquiries
- Maintaining merchandise inventory and tracking sales
- Organizing the music library and assigning choral and orchestral parts to members
- Preparing materials for weekly rehearsals
- Providing staff support at concerts and events in areas such as backstage management, ticketing, merchandise sales, and taking attendance
- Special projects as assigned (research, data compilation, inventory, social media)
- Must be able to commit to twenty hours per week. Ability to work some flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, both onsite and offsite.
- Professional phone manner and customer service experience.
- Strong writing skills, computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel, and excellent communication and organization skills.
- Candidates considering a career in the arts and arts administration are encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter and resume to MYO Membership Coordinator Emily Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516-365-6961 for more details.